This devotional book for preteen girls builds on Book 1, focusing on building healthy relationships with friends and family. We can all use a dose of that, right?! I’ll be talking about giveaways in the coming days so stay tuned!
The writing process for this book has been really different from Book 1. Book 1 was published in about 6 months. By the time I launch Book 2, I will have been working on it for about 18 months. I had it edited last spring, but because of working on our house renovations, starting a new job, and lots of emotional and spiritual burdens, I decided to set the manuscript aside once I got it back from the editor.
I do not regret this decision at all.
Earlier this spring I was ready to tackle the manuscript once more, and I found I had more to say. The Lord was opening my eyes to places I could expand or refine my thoughts and so I’m working on another round of edits now.
As I began working with a new graphic designer, she encouraged me that there was indeed a hole in the market for this type of preteen material. And once again, I was spurred on to wrap this book up.
It’s been interesting to compare the writing process of both books, and who knows what Book 3 will be like!
- February 2015-July 2015: Wrote first draft of Bloom (originally one book of 365 devotions)
- November 2015: Decided to split Bloom into 3 books
- January 2016-March 2016: Wrote first draft of Change the Conversation
- May 2016: Published Change the Conversation
- November 2016: Published Bloom Book 1
- March 2017: Editing on Bloom Book 2
- September 2018: Publish date for Bloom Book 2
- 2019??: Bloom Book 3