Friends, I’m so excited to reveal the cover for Bloom Book 2! All the heart eyes! ? Mark your calendar for SEPTEMBER 18, 2018, the launch date for Bloom Book 2!
This devotional book for preteen girls builds on Book 1, focusing on building healthy relationships with friends and family. We can all use a dose of that, right?! I’ll be talking about giveaways in the coming days so stay tuned!
The writing process for this book has been really different from Book 1. Book 1 was published in about 6 months. By the time I launch Book 2, I will have been working on it for about 18 months. I had it edited last spring, but because of working on our house renovations, starting a new job, and lots of emotional and spiritual burdens, I decided to set the manuscript aside once I got it back from the editor.
I do not regret this decision at all.
Earlier this spring I was ready to tackle the manuscript once more, and I found I had more to say. The Lord was opening my eyes to places I could expand or refine my thoughts and so I’m working on another round of edits now.
As I began working with a new graphic designer, she encouraged me that there was indeed a hole in the market for this type of preteen material. And once again, I was spurred on to wrap this book up.
It’s been interesting to compare the writing process of both books, and who knows what Book 3 will be like!
- February 2015-July 2015: Wrote first draft of Bloom (originally one book of 365 devotions)
- November 2015: Decided to split Bloom into 3 books
- January 2016-March 2016: Wrote first draft of Change the Conversation
- May 2016: Published Change the Conversation
- November 2016: Published Bloom Book 1
- March 2017: Editing on Bloom Book 2
- September 2018: Publish date for Bloom Book 2
- 2019??: Bloom Book 3